Thursday 28 May 2009

ADVENTURES IN LETTERPRESS - part 2

I've only gone and bought another press! I'm still waiting for the first one to arrive but in the meantime I've been looking for some accessories to get me started. Ebay has been my new addiction for the past few days and also a wonderful site called www.caslon.co.uk that sell refurbished presses, parts and inks. They couldn't have been more helpful and I'll definitely be using them.

Last night though, I bid for a second press because it came with a whole host of parts such as a cabinet of various fonts and other equipment and managed to win it for much cheaper than buying things individually. My next problem is finding somewhere to set it all up as I'm outgrowing my normal studio space already. The garage is starting to look tempting!


No comments: